Warning: Undefined array key "file" in /home/forensi2/public_html/loyalwyelodge.com/wp/wp-includes/media.php on line 1680
The lodge was consecrated in 1879 following an application by the Brethren of the Brecknock Lodge No. 651. A warrant was granted on 4 February 1879 with the subsequent consecration being announced at the Brecknock Lodge on 7 April 1879 and held at the Lion Hotel, Builth Wells on 29 April 1879.
Subsequent Lodge meetings appear to have been held at the Masonic Rooms, Lion Hotel, Builth Wells, but within a short time moves were afoot to erect or otherwise obtain permanent and exclusive premises in which to meet. These came to fruition in February 1883, when the lodge was able to lease premises in Market Street which were subsequently purchased in 1907.
This became the lodge building for the next 105 years, but sadly during 2012 it became obvious that the premises were no longer fit for purpose and a decision was taken to sell the building and seek an alternative meeting place. Arrangements were made to meet temporarily at the Greyhound Hotel in Builth Wells but fairly soon afterwards the lodge was able to purchase an adjoining dilapidated property known as The Old Coach House. This was completely renovated to provide the necessary facility to re-establish the temple from its previous location. The building was Dedicated by the Provincial Grand Master RW Bro Gareth Jones on 2 December 2015.
A more detailed history of the lodge can be downloaded HERE
A full account of the circumstances leading to the establishment of the new lodge premises and the Dedication Ceremony can be found in the attached copies of Y Dalaith 61st Edition Page 1, Page 2, Page 3